Sunday, August 12, 2012

My New Pinterest Project

I've been a Pinterest addict since I found out it existed. Here is my Pinterest Profile. I have 95 boards and almost 5,000 pins. I've decided I need to start making some of the projects I've pinned so I started with this one. Magnetic Makeup Board It was originally pinned from Laura's Thoughts.

This is my version of it. Sorry I don't have more pictures.It was made with a flea market frame that I painted, sheet metal my dad cut for me (Thanks dad), and fabric. Pretty simple, just cover the sheet metal with the fabric and put in the frame. Glue magnet to the back of your makeup (use hot glue so you can reuse the magnets after your makeup is empty, hot glue will peel off). The plastic container holding my lip glosses and eye liners is actually a clear container that had band-aids in it at one time. It's been in the cabinet and it's perfect for this. The original pin used prescription pill containers that she painted.

I'm quite pleased with it. Now to decide on my next project. We could possibly be moving soon so I don't want to start any major projects but I can defiantly decide which will be my next project.


I've also pinned several recipes that I'm going to try. The first recipe I've made from Pinterest is "Crack Bread". Originally pinned from Plain Chicken.


Here is the recipe. No pictures of mine sorry but I'll share the original Pinterest pictures of it.

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls (a.k.a. Crack Bread)

1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix

Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust. Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

It was amazing, and very easy. I've also tackled these gems. Bacon and Eggs To Go and this Bacon and Eggs Cupcakes

Bacon and Egg Savory Cupcakes Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
16 slices bacon
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
8 eggs
Salt and pepper, if desired
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) Set aside.
2. Spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6-oz) glass custard cups with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup, pressing dough three-fourths of the way up sides of cups. Place 2 bacon slices in each biscuit cup, and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg whites are set. Run a small knife around cups to loosen. Serve immediately.
While I wouldn't call them "recipes" as much as a technique, they were both really good and very simple. I'm all about simple when it comes to cooking since with the little one I don't have much time to spend in the kitchen slaving over supper (because you know normally I would).

I'm looking forward to making many more Pinterest projects in the future. Any suggestions of something I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment