Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Simplicity progress

It's been a rather productive day, which is I guess why I decided to do a post. So I will feel really accomplished when I lay down tonight to bed.
Last post I said my Kitchen will be started and finished last week............I haven't even started it yet. What I have started and finished is the laundry/junk room. All bags and boxes have been gone through and sorted. I am in the process of washing clothes and linens for garage sale. I guess it just got to that really bad point where I had to do something about it right then. I also finished going through my bathroom and putting stuff away, all that's left is to actually clean the bathroom . I will try to start on the kitchen this week, it's just a little cluttered with all the garage sale/ online sale items piled up everywhere.
I did get all my homemade cleaner recipes out today and made my cleaners. Laundry detergent, all purpose, counter top disinfectant, and a shower/tile cleaner for soap scum.

I've used the all purpose cleaner on my kitchen counter tops but it left a film I just didn't like on my kitchen counter so I used the disinfectant on it and I love it. No streaking, no film, and it feels really clean. Currently my burners and burner pans are in zip lock bags with ammonia to degrease and clean them. We will see how that works out. So I guess I've sorta started the kitchen and didn't even realize it.
Sales are going really well online. It is feeling great to get rid of things and make money to pay the bills. Haven't really made much headway on the debt, but at least it's paying some bills. We will be having a large garage sale in April and I'm hoping to make a lot more money then with clothes and small odds and ends. Keep the sales coming Lord, we really need the money.
Bible studies are going well. Saturday was the second session of STUCK and if was great. It is a really deep study, but It's really opened my eyes to so much. I've realized not only does my house need decluttering so does my life. And as I realize this, sometimes I'd almost rather go through an endless supply of boxes of garage sale items than get serious about cleaning out the "clutter" in my life. Next section is titled Discontent....should be a good one. I haven't started yet but that's in the works for this week as well.
On the books for this week:
1. clean bathroom
2. start and finish Kitchen
3. sell, sell, sell

I will post the cleaner recipes and some pictures later tonight. Wish me luck on the kitchen this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment